My family has had the amazing good fortune of spending time with Jozsef, Timea, and Lulu (who is 6 years old). My three kids corresponded with Lulu, made the arrangements and were so joyful to play and talk together, make music (Jozsef is an amazing guitarist!), perform a magic show and hear brave stories and be inspired by strong hearts. What a gift they have given to my family. Please take up this opportunity to learn and to lend a hand to justice and community well-being.
This beautiful family deserves collective support for their plea to be treated fairly and compassionately. They need a Temporary Resident Permit, to allow for them to have a fair hearing and to permit participation in community – Lulu is six and confined to sanctuary, along with Jozsef and Timea. Please help make this right. Please do it now.
Here is how you and your family can get involved:
1) Learn more – http://freelulu.ca/about/family-story/ – there is also excellent curriculum available to educators to help yourself and your young people understand the story and issues.
2) Write to Lulu http://freelulu.ca/letters-2/send-a-letter/
3) Make calls, sign the petition, and meet with your MP. Call Minister Chris Alexander 1-613-995-8042. Call your local MP. Sign the petition http://freelulu.ca/petition/ Invite others to do so. This needs to happen now, all fronts together.
4) Come to the peaceful Rally to Free Lulu. May 23rd at 10 am. Where: Adjacent to the Constituency Office of Minister of Citizenship and Immigration: 100 Westney Road South, Unit E101, Ajax, Ontario (right beside the Ajax Go station). A magnificent gathering of all peoples in front of Minister Chris Alexander’s office to present the 40,000 signatures on the Change.org petition and to express a loud collective voice of love and support for the Pusumas and the granting of a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP).
5) Forward this information to your network.
“My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.” Archbishop Desmond Tutu